- Homeport: Seattle, Washington, United States
- Rig: Schooner: Gaff Rigged
- Sparred Length: 85
- Draft: 8
- Beam: 18.2
- Rig Height: 80
- Freeboard: 3
- Sail Area: 2500
- Tons: 38
- Hull: Steel
Seattle’s Tall Ship offers three public sailing tours daily on our historic 19th-century style gaff-rigged schooner Bay Lady from Seattle’s downtown waterfront.
Our beautiful sailing ship, the Bay Lady, evokes the romance of traditional sailing as we work together to set the sails, turn off the engine, and sail off into an age of cannon fire and sunsets behind the untouched mountain ranges of the Puget Sound.
Bay Lady was purpose-built for the passenger trade. The love and attention of the craftspeople who built her resound in her hull to this day. She features American Ash, Honduran Mohagony, and Brazilian Rosewood all varnished to perfection. With a massive 80-foot mast and a cloud of 2500 square feet of sail area, she sails nicely in even a gentle breeze. Bay Lady is the largest public sailing vessel in Seattle. With her high railing and comfortable seating, she is the premier boat ride for families.
- USCG Certification: Passenger Vessel (Subchapter T), Inland
- Program Type: Passenger Daysails, Private Charters
- Normal Cruising Waters – Winter: Elliott Bay
- Sailing Season: May through October
- Year Launched: 1989
- Number of Crew: 4
- Name of Contact: Captain Noah Waldman
- Phone: (360) 209-2109
- Website: https://seattlesailingship.com