- Homeport: Boothbay Harbor, Maine, United States
- Rig: Schooner
- LOA: 48
- LOD: 31.7
- Draft: 6
- Beam: 11.3
- Tons: 9
- Hull: Wood
The Apple Jack was built in 1947 by builder and designer Fred Whittier in the shipyard of Whittier and Lowe in Ipswich, Massachusetts. Apple Jack takes its lines from the traditions of the great Gloucester fishing schooners of the 1800’s. A scaled down topsail schooner, Lazy Jack is constructed from long leaf yellow pine planking over white oak frames and measures 48ft. in overall length, with a 12 ft. beam and a full keel that draws 6 ft. Under a full press, Apple Jack carries a mainsail, foresail, staysail, jib, jib topsail and a fisherman.
Apple Jack was a renowned charter boat in the Bahamas in 1950’s until the late 60’s. Sailing a route from Ipswich Mass to Man O War Cay to
Cuba this humble windjammer carried various cargos for her master, which included rum, guns, cigars and passengers.
Today Apple Jack sails proudly from Boothbay Harbor carrying 14 passengers and is perfect for an intimate two-hour or private custom charter Sail Maine adventure.
- USCG Certification: Near Coastal
- Who Sails: Youth, Adults
- Program Type: Passenger Daysails, Private Charters
- Normal Cruising Waters – Summer: lay Up
- Normal Cruising Waters – Winter: Boothbay Harbor, Maine
- Sailing Season: Mid May to Mid October
- Year Launched: 1947
- Number of Crew: 2
- Name of Contact: Rod Veal Owner/GM
- Phone: 3054330671
- Website: http://schoonereastwind.com